XFINITY Customer Reviews – Comcast’s home security system gives you the devices you need for state-of-the-art security. The equipment you get will depend on the level of service you want from Comcast. For more protection, you can add optional home security products, like smoke detectors or wireless cameras. If you’re wondering how XFINITY compares to other home security systems, [...]
XFINITY Customer Reviews –
Comcast’s home security system gives you the devices you need for state-of-the-art security. The equipment you get will depend on the level of service you want from Comcast. For more protection, you can add optional home security products, like smoke detectors or wireless cameras. If you’re wondering how XFINITY compares to other home security systems, consider the following pros and cons.
The Pros of Comcast Home Security
XFINITY has several unique features, including the following ones:
- PC Control - With XFINITY, you can regulate your entire system with the PC home security platform. This platform extends beyond your home computer, and Comcast has made it possible for you to tap into your XFINITY security system from any computer, including the one on your smart phone. In fact, Comcast uses text messages and emails to alert you anytime an alarm triggers at your house.
- The Touch Screen - As part of its innovative drive, Comcast includes a touch screen keypad as one of the main
control consoles. The screen’s sleek design provides one-touch access to the arm/disarm button, as well as the emergency button. You can customize the user interface with fun extras, so you can get sports updates, news stories, traffic information or other items of interest. When the touch screen is not in use, you can use it as a digital picture frame for your Flickr photos.
- Video Monitoring – From watching when the kids come home to seeing who is approaching your door, Comcast’s video monitoring lets you stream live footage of your home. The flexible cameras allow you to position them so they capture the area you want to monitor, and the web portal can save a month of footage.
- Remote Control – While traditional home security companies can offer remote control access, the control is usually a keychain remote. With XFINITY, your smart phone becomes the control. Through Comcast’s XFINITY app, you can see the video feed from your home and control the entire system.
- Lighting Controls – Comcast’s lighting controls let you regulate your house’s lights. The system works better than using a random timer because you can control every room in your house with one system rather than trying to integrate several separate timers.
- Climate Control – This feature allows you to regulate the temperature of your house through a secure Internet connection. It can save you up to 15 percent on your electric bill.
The Cons of XFINITY Home Security
While Comcast is offering one of the best home security packages on the market, the system does have some drawbacks.
- The system is only available in select Comcast markets. If you don’t have access to Comcast, then you don’t have access to XFINITY.
- XFINITY users need a smart phone or other mobile computing device. The interconnectability is one of the main reasons why Comcast home security is ushering in a new era in home protection. Without a mobile device, you won’t be able to take full advantage of XFINITY’s features.
- The PC-based security system transmits information over the Internet. While Comcast has taken every possible step to secure its network, hackers who break into the system may gain access to your home information.
- The contract has a long term. Comcast requires a three-year contract and a subscription to its Internet service, as of 2011.
Home Security Comparison – XFINITY
If you compare XFINITY to other home security companies, like ADT or Protection One, you’ll find that the service price and the equipment are competitive. Comcast home security can help protect your home from burglary, property crimes and other home catastrophes. Additionally, Comcast clearly leads the way when it comes to the integration of mobile technology. If you want to know what is going on at your home regardless of where you are, then XFINITY may be the right choice for you. Click on the following link for more abouthome security.